FNAC CHOOSES SOFT SOLUTIONS TO HELP THEM INCREASE PROFIT AND OPTIMIZE MARGINS
“To follow up on our margins, we had a dedicated tool we had developed several years ago but which was becoming less responsive to our increasingly sophisticated management needs. Fabien Sfez, FNAC's and PPR group's Director of Information Systems thus explains the reasons that led the banner to substitute its own application with market software from Soft Solutions.”
DSI du groupe PPR et DSI de la FNAC.
The initial target was to successfully integrate a solution which gives insight into category performance, profitability and supplier performance in order to adjust their negotiation target and strategies within the core of FNAC's Information System in order to guarantee the following:
- A better approach to the anticipated profit by comparing FNAC's calculation with the supplier's calculation.
- Improved collection of payments by accurately tracking the accounting documents.
- Better visibility over purchasing and sales margins allowing an efficient and adequate tuning of the margin.
- Improved communication of the information between people that are involved in the purchasing conditions processes through a homogeneous application.
- Centralize all supplier's agreements.
- Manage and analyze profitability at item level.
FNAC needed to choose and rapidly implement the most adequate solution to improve profits, through optimized margins and better management of the purchasing process. Therefore, to achieve this target, FNAC made a strategic move to implement Soft Solutions' modular and configurable platform which supports the preparation of supplier negotiations and follow-up located within the Merchandising Business Suite. It allows a strategic and consolidated view of negotiations in order to improve negotiated conditions.
“FNAC, SUCCESSFULLY USING OUR NEGOTIATIONS' TOOL
MORE THAN EVER.”
After seven years from the initial implementation of the business solution software for supplier negotiation and deal management, FNAC continues to move forward with constant evolution in order to adapt to on-going market business needs.
For information about any of our products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft Solutions Suite
- Retail Collaboration Suite (GDSN/GS1, DataSync, e-Documents: RFI, RFQ, e-Invoices,…)
- Retail Operations Supply Chain Suite (Replenishment & Daily Store activities)
- Analytics Business Suite (Analytics, Forecasting and Modeling Simulations)
- Master Data Management Suite (Consolidated Information, ‘Single Version of the Truth')
- Merchandising Business Suite (Deals, Assortments, Promotions, Pricing, Space Planning)
- Kernel Execution Suite (Security, Workflow, Integration, Language translation, Reporting)