BUILD A BUSINESS PROCESS
Customize and configure any business process. Through the depth of our customization capabilities, ibs Workflow can cover any business process.
“DESIGN YOUR BUSINESS PROCESS BASED ON YOUR RETAIL BUSINESS SUITE”
ibs Workflow Solution provides the administrator with many different objects to be linked together to build a complete scenario. The diversity of the different objects permits the user to automate any business scenario.
DEFINE THE STARTING POINT
A Business Process scenario always has a starting point. ibs Workflow contains 3 types of triggering events:
- How To?
Scheduled triggering event:
When creating this event, the Administrator will have a configuration screen covering most of the possible frequencies and its different configurations.
- Internal triggering event:
Based on the Business Model, the user will select the object that needs to be monitored. Then, he will select if the object should be updated, a new record should be added or a record should be deleted to launch the process.
- External triggering event:
The user will define a procedure that will check the integrated tables, which need to be updated to launch the scenario.
- Specify the trigger based on a condition:
The user can specify the trigger and give it some conditions. Ex: Launch the process whenever an item is created, if the item belongs to the Category "Textile".
The condition can be set on the Business Object if it is a simple one. ibs Reporting configures Advanced conditions via Query Builder engine.
For the validation cycle parameterization, the user may use the "Validation" Condition.
For the task survey, the user may use the "Delay" condition, to send another action after a delayed to-do task.
CHOOSE AND ORGANIZE THE ACTIONS
Basically we can organize the actions following three axes:
- How To?
These actions are basically informational. They are not waiting for the user's feedback. They are:
- Mails: the system send a mail to a user or a group of users, identified in ibs System or not
- Alerts: the system sends alerts to a user or a group of users' ibs Dashboard (they should be identified in ibs System)
- Repository: the system generates a report on the server
- JMS (Java Message Service), Web services: the system sends information to another application or website, using different languages
- External method: the system checks in the interface tables to launch or not an action (linked to the External triggering event)
- Stored procedures: proceed to an action in an application (execute jobs in a Soft Solutions' application automatically)
- CDS Integration: execute automatically an integration process configured in ibs Integration.
- OS Command: Execute a command on the server machine
Actions done by the system that is waiting for a user's feedback:
These are Validation actions and To Do tasks sending. The both actions will generate a task in the ibs Dashboard To-Do list, and the user will have to give his feedback:
- For the Validation Task: give its validation status (validated or not) with a comment
- For the To-Do Task: give an execution status (done / not done / canceled / delayed)
These actions permit to direct the scenario. They are:
- The Auto Re-assign: if a To-Do task is not closed in time, the task may be reassigned to a backup user.
- The Recursive call: if the administrator defines an internal triggering event, he may want to define dynamic receivers depending on their responsibility scope defined in ibs System. Then he will add the recursive call activity.
- The File Manager: whenever a report will be generated on a shared folder, the administrator may want to organize the files into different folders, depending on an algorithm that will be stored in this activity.