CARREFOUR – Implementing ibs deals and ibs category
for the middle east
Since 2002, Carrefour MAF implemented Soft Solutions' ibs Deals application. The ibs Deals project consisted in implementing the purchase negotiation system, based on one single version of the truth.
With the implementation of the project, Carrefour MAF benefits from the solutions and added values of ibs Referential, ibs Category and ibs Deals:
- Build a unique and centralized master data repository:
- Improve data quality.
- Synchronize data all over the system.
- Support business growth.
- Adopting a comprehensive analysis process:
- Set the objectives of the incoming years.
- Ability to make a projection at the end of each month.
- Assign category's roles, objectives and targets.
- Buyers will adjust their actions each month to meet with the objectives at the end of the year.
- Analyze market and internal data:
- Analyze category performance on the market, discover means of opportunity and keep track of all avenues.
- Adjust category's forecast.
- Create and build corporate targets.
- Compare targets vs. forecast.
- Optimize the vendor negotiation:
- Enables a strategic approach to negotiations aiming at maximizing the profits.
- Facilitates execution of best practices among buyers.
- Preserves and shares negotiation history.
- Monitoring the contract and invoice management:
- Free buyers from administrative tasks.
- Reduces legal disputes through automated contract management controls.
- Facilitates invoice and payment follow up.
After the implementation of the Solutions Suite, Carrefour MAF witnessed an expansion across the region, ultimately becaming one of the leading private retailers in the Middle East:
- 2004 / 2006 - 6 new countries joined the scope.
- 2008 - Implementation of ibs Category
- 2011 - Migration project V6
Now Carrefour MAF is:
- Operating in 11 countries: UAE, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Iran, Saudia Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, and Egypt
- 78 stores; 43 hypermarkets and 35 supermarkets.
- More than 200 users.
- More than 10,000 suppliers and 25,000 product groups.
- Between 120,000 and 150,000 invoices generated monthly.
- Hosted 130 million customers in 2011.
- About Carrefour MAF
CEO Frank Witek of CRF MAF states: