SUPPLIER NEGOTIATIONS SOLUTION IMPLEMENTED FOR MONOPRIX BANNER
The purchase center, EMC (Casino group) manages the majority of Casino’s supplier relationships including Monoprix. EMC manages 95% of negotiation contracts with suppliers and Monoprix assures the remaining 5%.
Monoprix looked for a system that enables visualization and follow-up of EMC contracts and also improves management of Monoprix contracts. Legal obligations require Monoprix to manage commercial operations and therefore must establish approximately 7000 rationales per year to justify negotiation terms of these commercial agreements.
In addition to managing contracts, Monoprix follows and monitors:
- Over than 50 000 invoices and bonuses per year.
- Corresponding recoveries.
- Benefits allocation to stores.
Monoprix decided to replace their two former systems which covered the following processes:
- A purchasing system managing contracts and rationales; and
- An accounting system managing commercial terms invoicing, refunds, recoveries and allocations.
Monoprix chose Soft Solutions to answer their business needs via one unique system found in Soft Solutions' Merchandising Business Suite.
" MONOPRIX IS KNOWN AS THE LEADER AMONG CITY CENTER RETAIL BANNERS "
The well-known city center retailer based their strategic decision on the following reasons:
- 100% of the perimeters defined by Monoprix were covered by the Soft Solutions' suite.
- Multi level negotiation management to monitor EMC contracts in display mode and Monoprix contracts in keyboarding and modification mode.
- Invoice and invoice recovery management.
- Benefits allocation to stores management.
- Unique application integrating the full process of commercial negotiations with suppliers:
- Simplification of communication between different departments: purchasing and accounting. Contracts follow up and recoveries are managed in one unique application. It assures that no potential profit is lost. Manual control operations were done away with, after the implementation of Soft Solutions' supplier negotiations solutions part of the Merchandising Business Suite.
- Functional architecture simplification: useless interfaces were phased out and data synchronization improved with the implementation of Soft Solutions’ supplier negotiations solutions.
- A technological choice:
- The former applications were developed in-house and were based on aged and diverse technologies. Their maintenance was becoming problematic. The integration of business evolutions and development became more and more complicated. The technical architecture was no longer corresponding to operational choices of the IT department. A full development would have been necessary to revamp these applications.
- Soft Solutions Merchandising Business Suite software solution offers constantly updated Web technical architecture and respects market standards. The implementation of the supplier negotiations software fully met Monoprix' single most vital need to modernize its Information Systems.
By choosing Soft Solutions Monoprix made a sustainable investment and ensures a profitable future with optimized costs and a tangible return on investment.
For information about any of our products, please contact us at email@example.com
Soft Solutions Suite
- Retail Collaboration Suite (GDSN/GS1, DataSync, e-Documents: RFI, RFQ, e-Invoices,…)
- Retail Operations Supply Chain Suite (Replenishment & Daily Store activities)
- Analytics Business Suite (Analytics, Forecasting and Modeling Simulations)
- Master Data Management Suite (Consolidated Information, ‘Single Version of the Truth')
- Merchandising Business Suite (Deals, Assortments, Promotions, Pricing, Space Planning)
- Kernel Execution Suite (Security, Workflow, Integration, Language translation, Reporting)