CARREFOUR GROUP MAKES A SMART MOVE WITH SOFT SOLUTIONS IN TWO STRATEGIC AREAS
Carrefour Group realized in order to react quickly to competitive pricing while maintaining a strong price image, transform category-pricing strategies into real prices at the POS, and subsequently evaluate the impact of price changes and adjust tactics based on category or store impacts they needed to adjust their business process.
In 1997, and in collaboration with Soft Solutions, Carrefour France invested in two strategic areas, namely Purchasing and Pricing, through the implementation of Soft Solutions' Merchandising Business Suite. Shortly thereafter, our solution was handling all buyers' interaction at the Carrefour Purchase Center in Evry, France. Simultaneously, the 120 store in France were also reaping the benefits.
In 1999, stimulated by the positive results recorded in France, Poland became the spearhead into the rest of Europe.
In 2000, based on the above two successes, Carrefour Group decided to standardize both its Purchasing Negotiation systems and its Pricing strategy systems, in every country where it was established, which resulted in a worldwide implementation.
The implementation was first rolled out at European sites (Europe, excluding France, ranked second in turnover contribution) Czech Republic, Turkey, Greece and Poland (standardized version). Korea was included later as a pilot for Asia.
“CARREFOUR HAS BEEN A PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE FOR TENS OF MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS
IN EUROPE, ASIA AND LATIN AMERICA FOR OVER 40 YEARS.”
Since then, the Soft Solutions Suite has been adopted as the standard solution for both its purchasing and pricing processes across the Group, an implementation has therefore been extended to Switzerland, Slovakia, Mexico and Dubai (United Arab Emirates).
Carrefour Group continues to see improvements in the following areas:
- Time gains
- The user interface is based on the intuitive navigation principle and respects screen fluidity, clear and logical sequences, access friendliness.
- Increased visibility, more efficient Negotiations and more appropriate pricing strategies
- Consolidation of global group purchasing negotiations leads to a permanent improvement of international negotiations while at the same time respecting national requirements. Price policy comparisons lead to a better local market fit.
For information about any of our products, please contact us at email@example.com
Soft Solutions Suite
- Retail Collaboration Suite (GDSN/GS1, DataSync, e-Documents: RFI, RFQ, e-Invoices,…)
- Retail Operations Supply Chain Suite (Replenishment & Daily Store activities)
- Analytics Business Suite (Analytics, Forecasting and Modeling Simulations)
- Master Data Management Suite (Consolidated Information, ‘Single Version of the Truth')
- Merchandising Business Suite (Deals, Assortments, Promotions, Pricing, Space Planning)
- Kernel Execution Suite (Security, Workflow, Integration, Language translation, Reporting)