LOUIS DELHAIZE – AWARD WINNING IMPLEMENTATION OF FULL PURCHASING CYCLE
“It was a major challenge, implementing a fully operational solution, and in record time to go-live. We exist in a business environment that requires speed, and Soft Solutions ability to react to our needs was quite satisfactory.”
Referential, Provera (Louis Delhaize Group)
In 2002, after having broken their agreement with Casino on the OPERA purchasing center, the Louis Delhaize Group's challenge was to rebuild a profitable purchasing center offering a significant ROI:
- In an extremely short time frame: The negotiations campaign was due 6 months later;
- Which needed a complete restructuring of the IT system, until then fully managed by Casino.
This is how PROVERA France came to be the purchasing center for the CORA hypermarkets and the MATCH supermarkets.
In this context, there was an imperative requirement to find a purchasing management solution that could handle multi-format and multi-banner concepts, and be implemented in record time.
The solution needed to be flexible enough to be adaptable in a changing environment where a full-fledged reorganization was under way, but also flexible enough so as to comply with the group's Purchasing methodology.
These business rules were accompanied by a set of technical requirements:
- Integrate the old system's data within the new system to allow tracking of historical negotiations from the first negotiation sessions.
- Define and realize information flows in an area previously poorly defined.
“TO MEET THE CHALLENGE, PROVERA AND SOFT SOLUTIONS' TEAMS SHOWED A GREAT DEAL OF EXPERTISE, COMMITMENT AND MOTIVATION.”
Softt Solutions' supplier's management solution, offered through our Merchandising Business Suite, was the natural choice made by the Louis Delhaize Group. It fully responds to the needs expressed and offers full centralization of all purchasing-related processes, such as Supplier contract management, invoicing as well as results and activity reports editing.
By taking this imperative step to implement our Merchandising Business Suite solution, Louis Delhaize Group could expect global results, such as:
- Time gains due to its ease of use. Our flawless negotiations module combines richness and accessibility. Its user interface is based on the intuitive navigation principle and respects screen fluidity, clear and logical sequences, and friendly access.
- More reliability by covering the whole purchasing function. Its numerous functionalities are assembled in a single application; the information flows are reduced and controlled.
- Increased visibility by sharing purchasing data among various players, and allows for a consolidated purchasing view along several crossed analytical angles.
- Organization Consecutive implementation steps allowed adjustments for the many roles performed in the purchasing center, which was in its final step of organization. The solution's structure and the historical data's conservation help with the integration of any newcomer.
For information about any of our products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft Solutions Suite
- Retail Collaboration Suite (GDSN/GS1, DataSync, e-Documents: RFI, RFQ, e-Invoices,…)
- Retail Operations Supply Chain Suite (Replenishment & Daily Store activities)
- Analytics Business Suite (Analytics, Forecasting and Modeling Simulations)
- Master Data Management Suite (Consolidated Information, ‘Single Version of the Truth')
- Merchandising Business Suite (Deals, Assortments, Promotions, Pricing, Space Planning)
- Kernel Execution Suite (Security, Workflow, Integration, Language translation, Reporting)
At the Birmingham Retail Solutions Show, this successful partnership was recognized by the trade, when it presented Soft Solutions and the GLD Group with the RETAIL SOLUTIONS AWARDS 2003 " Retailer/Supplier Partnership of the Year".